August 1-7 each year marks World Breastfeeding Week. This is an awesome time to highlight how Lamaze promotes breastfeeding and bonding through Healthy Birth Practice #7. Here are some tips promote Breastfeeding withing your business.
Social Media Education:
- Share articles on the benefits of breastfeeding, breastfeeding apparel, and/or tips in tricks to make breastfeeding easier. For ideas visit BBVA’s Facebook page.
- Engage communities by creating a hashtag campaign during World Breastfeeding Week or having followers share breastfeeding stories or pictures.
- Consider Live Streaming on Facebook at a Big Latch On!
Big Latch On:
- The Big Latch On is a national event where mothers nurse for 1 minute at the same time around the world. Consider joining a Big Latch On event in your area. If there is not one in your area, consider traveling to join this year and starting one next year. Events are taking place on Friday, August 4th and Saturday, August 5th at 10:30 a.m.
- Consider attending a local support group or La Leche League meeting this week to show support for nursing mommas. This could be a great way to raise awareness of your new or expanding birth business. Consider taking lactation cookies!
Any other ideas for breastfeeding awareness activities. Consider sharing in the comments below!